The Staffing Committee
The Membership of the Staffing Committee is TBC
Membership shall comprise the Chairman and Vice-Chairman of the Parish Council and
three other councillors.
Meetings must have 3 Members to be quorate.
Terms Of Reference
- To deal with all matters relating to recruitment and appointment and terms and conditions of employment for all staff.
- To make recommendations to the Council regarding policy for the remuneration, employment, welfare, superannuation, qualification and other conditions of service of all employees.
- To determine and monitor appointment procedures
- To establish and regularly review personnel policies and procedures including staff appraisal.
- To annually review staffing levels and make recommendations to the Parish Council.
- The appointment and dismissal of members of staff other than the Parish Clerk.
- To manage the Annual appraisal process including objective setting and monitoring t for all staff.
- To review and agree a matrix system showing which Members of the Parish Council would be able to sit on panels related to the Disciplinary & Grievance Procedure should the need arise.
- To convene an Appeals Committee if and when required.
- To authorise the attendance of officers at conferences or courses including the incurring of necessary expenditure
- To monitor training and development needs of staff and Councillors.
- To ensure that all Members of the Council are aware of and understand their responsibilities in staffing matters.